1. Listen for understanding--
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
2. Value multiple perspectives
3. Speak when you are moved, don't speak when not moved
4. No put downs
5. Confront respectfully, use advocacy/inquiry skills
6. Reduce unproductive stress because stress makes us stupid. Take
responsibility for getting your needs, interests, and preferences met.
7. Take risks--thirty percent from comfort
8. Speak personally, use "I" statements
9. Discern between fact and perception
10. Practice shared leadership and co-responsibility
Leadership is a decision, not a job description.
11. Put your stake in the ground and be willing and eager to move it
12. Enjoy your learning and act on it!